Sunday, September 2, 2007

Unconditionality VS Desires

Below is some information I found so powerful. I love it when we can empower ourselves and live to our highest potential and power.

THE DAILY GROOVE ~ by Scott Noelle
www.enjoyparenting.com/dailygroove

:: Unconditionality vs. Desires ::

Q: How do you reconcile "unconditionality" with
having preferences and desires? If you're totally
unconditional, shouldn't everything be fine the
way it is?

A: Unconditionality doesn't mean having no
preferences or desires; it means that you don't let
the temporary absence of your preferred conditions
prevent you from enjoying the present moment...

"When conditions are to my liking, I feel
great! (Obviously.) And when conditions are
not to my liking, I enjoy anticipating the
unfolding of my preferred conditions."

The idea that you can't enjoy this moment because
of unwanted conditions is a LIE perpetuated by our
conditional culture -- a lie that serves no purpose
other than to keep people feeling powerless!

Unconditionality says, "Enjoying the here and now
is my top priority, so I'm not going to use these
conditions as an excuse to separate from my natural
state of Well-Being."

So when your child "misbehaves," or your partner is
unsupportive, or you're sleep-deprived, etc., use
those unwanted conditions to help you clarify what
you *do* want. Then practice unconditionality by
accepting the present conditions AND joyfully
anticipating the fulfillment of your desires.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Yes enjoying now and believing that the future will hold joy for me too. I'm with you.