Friday, August 29, 2008

Mitch's New Do

Monday Aug. 25, 2008

Mitch came to me the other day and said "I want to cut my hair!" I was shocked, to say the least. Just months ago he said he never wanted to cut his hair "it keeps me shaded in the summer and warm in the winter." So I of course asked why and he replied "at night when I past by the mirror I scare myself because I look like the dead girl from the ring." Now just for clarification he has not seen the ring but he has seen the previews on TV of the ring and that was enough for him. 

Now if only he had wanted his hair cut a month ago before he decided to do the dread lock do it would have been much easier! 


After a half hour of dad brushing his hair in the tub we decided
the except the top 4 inches, the bottom 14 inches where untangled and good enough to braid and send to Locks of Love. I cut the braid and we put it in a zip lock and sent it off to Locks of Love.

I cried, I have been resisting change lately, and when I looked at him with no more long locks I could see my babies face a face I had not really seen in years. The hair seemed to cover more than just his back and sometimes face but a little of his light. He shed away 8 years of hair growth and yet I felt lately Mitch has been shed lots of anger and fits too. Change is a part of each second and thanks to these constant beings in my life I eventually relax into the love and joy of their growth and mine. 

Mitch said he felt weird and was not sure if he wanted to see any of his friends without a hat on. By Wednesday at Life Learners, I dont think he even thought a second about his hair. For him time with his hair ended in seconds and he was moving on! For mom shedding a few tears from sadness, then joy was healing for me. He just does what he feels he needs and moves on. I appreciate him reminding me what it is to be in your source and go do stream with the flow!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to sniff your little girls farts and pew pew inside her tight little vagina while she's sitting on my lap on the toilet. Phew just thinking about this made me cum!